Friday, April 23, 2010

The Windows of Opportunity Open...

Very recently after my sad unemployment stint I a couple of people interested in custom work have come out of the wood work! yipee! I also have gotten the opportunity to work on being Assistant Set Designer for the Friday night lounge of the Seattle Erotic Arts Festival! Yipee!!! www.seattleerotic.org

Also, after firmly deciding that I was not going to go to Burning Man this year (it's been 3 years in a row now), but I have just been approached by a group of Engineers who would like me to possibly be the lead artist in constructing a 500 ft. combustible monorail art installation in the desert. They have been funded by a grant from the Black Rock Arts Foundation and YES, now I have a budget of someone else's fund to make art with! Horray!!!! (wait... is my dream really coming true?) www.nowhere2nowhere.com

The creative gods have now gifted me with more amazing projects than I could of dreamed of! .....the only problem... finding a watch that stops time for 3 weeks... eeekkk!

-Mellington

No comments: